Peter Bergin draws on his experience as a Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Company Director and senior executive in a diverse range of private and public companies to help clients grow.
He has been in senior financial management positions for organisations operating in complex international environments for more than twenty-five years, including fifteen at CFO level. These roles have been in diverse sectors ranging from professional services, engineering and infrastructure, to overseas development assistance and telecommunications.
Peter’s career has included positions at ASX listed diversified services firm Cardno where he was CFO (International Division), CFO of International Management Consulting firm WDScott, CFO of ACIL Australia, Finance Director at Vocam Worldwide Publishing and Management Accountant at Cable and Wireless in London and Telstra.
As Eaton Capital Partner’s Finance and Strategy leader, Peter leads engagements across all sectors.
Peter’s career has exposed him to diverse operating environments from the support structures and prestige of listed blue-chip corporates to the individually driven franchise model, the passion of ‘not for profits’ and unstructured but dynamic SME environments.
Peter is passionate about the evolution of the accounting role from score keeping to enabling genuine business partnering.
In addition to formal accounting, management and company director qualifications, Peter has degrees in Economics and Arts. He believes his diverse education background assists in removing him from the rigid discipline associated with traditional accounting processes
As part of his commitment to social justice he also worked as the second in charge to the Finance Director at OXFAM Australia
When not supporting his son’s soccer club, Peter enjoys gym workouts and running, including the occasional half marathon.
- Financial Reporting to Management and Boards, including development of dashboards and reporting metrics that drive performance
- Statutory and Compliance reporting, including management of Public Company accounts audits, and Company Secretarial duties
- Speaker on ‘Innovations in Financial Reporting’, ‘Fast Closing of Accounts’, ‘Strategic Corporate Governance’, and ‘Reporting to Boards and Senior Management’
- Facilitator of in-house training on Finance for Non-Finance Managers
- Global Treasury and Foreign Exchange Risk Management
- Financial Modelling, due diligence, preparation of Information Memoranda and negotiation of Share Sale and Share Purchase Agreements for mergers and acquisitions transactions
- Strategy Development and Strategic Analysis Tools
- Global Taxation, including issues surrounding Double Taxation treaties and repatriation of foreign source income
- Liaison with financial institutions in respect of funding requirements and covenants
- Selection and implementation of Accounting and Enterprise Resource Planning Software